Students Use Lasallian Values Learned and Volunteer for the Jesuit Volunteer Corps

Post-graduation, college students are left to decide what they plan on doing with their lives. Some students start working right away while others may take a year off or attend graduate school. A few recent alumni decided to dedicate a year of volunteer service to the Jesuit Volunteer Corps. The Jesuit Volunteer Corps is an international full-time volunteer program where over 10,000 men and women … Continue reading Students Use Lasallian Values Learned and Volunteer for the Jesuit Volunteer Corps

RA Hiring Process is Underway

A resident assistant (RA), is someone who is looking out for students during the period of time they live on campus. These undergraduate students create a fun but safe atmosphere for residents. According to the Manhattan College website, “RAs are assigned to a particular wing or floor in each residence hall and are responsible for fostering community among fellow resident students by developing social and … Continue reading RA Hiring Process is Underway

Marilyn Carter Tapped for Commuter Post

According to the Manhattan College website, 75 percent of freshman live on campus, leaving the remaining 25 percent of commuters the minority on campus. Due to the different needs of commuter students, the student government executive board  proposed the appointment of a faculty representative of the commuter population, which was presented to the board of trustees. Marilyn Carter is the newly appointed director of Commuter … Continue reading Marilyn Carter Tapped for Commuter Post

Revamping The Jasper Menu

Locke’s Loft, Kelly Commons Marketplace, and Cafe 1853 are all key parts of a student’s diet at Manhattan College. This year, Gourmet Dining has added a few changes that students will start seeing on campus. Brian Weinstein, the resident district manager of Gourmet Dining has been with Manhattan College for almost a year now and has already made some big changes. “Since the success of … Continue reading Revamping The Jasper Menu

Soccer Player Ryan Shields, Native of England, Talks Sports and Life in the States

A junior business analytics major from Manchester England, Ryan Shields, has been a part of the Manhattan College Men’s Soccer team since his start at MC in 2015. Shields, #7, played Mid Field alongside his teammates for three seasons. He is intended to graduate in January 2019 and thinks his team has what it takes to make it far in the MAAC championships. The Quadrangle: … Continue reading Soccer Player Ryan Shields, Native of England, Talks Sports and Life in the States

Manhattan College Honors Victims of September 11

On Sept. 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 lives were lost due to organized terrorist attacks on the United States. Sixteen years later, the Manhattan College community honors the brave men and women who died tragically that day. Patrick Maurer, vice president of club administration, student government and the Veterans Club placed flags on the Quad early Monday morning, representing the victims and service people who died … Continue reading Manhattan College Honors Victims of September 11

College Hosts Annual “Take Back the Night”

Manhattan College hosted Take Back the Night on March 21 in Smith Auditorium. The purpose of Take Back the Night is to end sexual assault and violence against women while providing education about rape culture and consent. As stated on their Instagram page, Take Back the Night is working to create safe and respectful communities for victims of sexual violence and works to strengthen and … Continue reading College Hosts Annual “Take Back the Night”

Health Services Grapples with Demand and Catholic Morality

Manhattan College Health Services provides care for sick or injured students, faculty, and staff on a daily basis. Students are given access to this basic health care as a part of their health services fee. Students that suffer from your average common cold to students with broken bones or collapsed lungs are all welcomed to visit the Health Service Center. Nurse Practitioner Amy Dall is … Continue reading Health Services Grapples with Demand and Catholic Morality

College Opens Up to Neighbors for Luncheon

The Student Neighborhood Relations Committee held the second annual community luncheon last Friday, Feb. 17 as a way of opening a positive line of communication between the Riverdale residents and Manhattan College. The luncheon started out with an invocation from John Bennett, director of Student Engagement and ended with a question and answer session facilitated by Richard Satterlee, vice president for Student Life. The college … Continue reading College Opens Up to Neighbors for Luncheon